Instagram is a popular social media platform, and it has made quite a buzz in the world of the internet. Currently, Instagram has more than a billion monthly active users.
Instagram’s comment section is one of the app’s best features. Feedback, compliments, and questions can all be asked through the comment section. However, it can be frustrating to start the Instagram app only to find that you cannot view comments under individual posts.
Recently, users have complained that they cannot view a particular post’s comment section. This may become frustrating at times. For now, there’s not any official update on this issue. But still, there are things you can try to overcome this issue.
In this article, we’ll tell you potential fixes for your Instagram comments not showing.
- 1 Why are The Instagram Comments Not Showing?
- 2 How to Fix Instagram Comments Not Showing Issues?
Why are The Instagram Comments Not Showing?
Instagram users may experience comment errors for a variety of reasons.
Did anyone else’s Instagram remove the comment section when you scroll?
I now have to tap the comment icon on the pic to see comments
— 〽️r. Go Up (@CopeSayWhaaa) December 14, 2022
- The account owner has disabled this post’s comments.
- Many Instagram users have turned off the comment feature. To disable comments, select that option in the post menu.
- Low speed prevents the user from viewing comments on posts. If your internet connection is slow, the likes and comments may take some time to display on an Instagram post. In such a circumstance, a wifi connection or mobile data may be helpful.
- If the account owner has hidden inappropriate comments or filtered out words that could filter the comments from being seen, the user may not be able to view the comments. Instagram allows its users to “hide offensive comments” to monitor the app’s comment section. The algorithm will automatically delete any potentially inappropriate comments.
- A “manual filter” allows the user to select individual words for display or hide from the comment.
- A user might not be able to read a comment on a post for a number of technical reasons as well.
How to Fix Instagram Comments Not Showing Issues?
Now that we have discussed the reasons behind this issue let’s move on to the solution part. Since there’s no particular reason, you must try all the methods mentioned below and check which one works for you.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If your Instagram comments aren’t loading, an unstable internet connection may be the primary reason. So, make sure you have a solid internet connection when using Instagram.
Change your mobile data to a Wi-Fi connection to see if the Instagram comments are showing. You should also test your connection speed. If you’re using WiFi, toggle your router’s settings or turn your mobile data on and off. You can also try switching from mobile to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to mobile to see if that helps.
2. Update the App
Sometimes, the simplest solution is often the most efficient one. You don’t need to worry when you don’t see the comment section. Just update the Instagram app. The issue of comments not being shown may be because of the outdated app’s bugs. The updated app will resolve the issue. Once you update to the app’s most recent version, you should be able to view the comments section.
3. Close and Re-open the App
Sometimes, a simple restart of the app can resolve minor bugs. If you have an updated app but are still unable to see the comment section, try closing the app and then opening it again. Check if the issue has been resolved.
4. Use Web-Browser
Sometimes, the app servers may not be working correctly. The company may be working on that error, but it might take some time. For the time being, use the browser in order to surf Instagram. If the issue were with the app, you’d definitely see the comment section on your web browser. And don’t worry; the app will start working correctly after the bug is fixed.
5. Restart the Device
Sometimes, the issue is with your device, not the Instagram app. In that case, a simple restart may solve the problem. A restart closes all the background processors that may be causing the error. Just press and hold the power button for 3 seconds, and a pop-up will appear. Tap on “Restart” in order to restart your device.
6. Reinstall the Instagram App
Last but not least, if you can still not see the comment section, reinstall the app. You must uninstall the app from your device and install it again through your respective app stores. This will remove any bug that the app has on your device.
8. Wait for Some Time
If you are not able to see the comment section, you don’t need to get worried. Instead, wait some time for the app developers to mend the issue. Worrying will not get you anywhere. This may take some hours to get repaired.
7. Contact Instagram Support
Even after performing the above-mentioned steps and waiting for some time, you cannot see the comment section; you need to mail directly to Instagram support. Maybe Instagram has banned you for your past comments and activities. Mail them, and you’ll receive a reply within 24-48 hours.
That’s all the ways by which you can quickly get your comment section back. I hope this article helps you. Please let us know in the comment section below if you have any doubts.